Oct 19 , 2021
CBD Recipe: Pumpkin Pecan CBD Energy Bites
Autumn is here, and you know what that means: Pumpkin spice season has begun! From September to the cool Winter months, pumpkin takes the spotlight in everything from coffee drinks to comforting desserts. But did you know that it also has numerous health benefits?
Besides being rich in vitamin A, which supports vision and cell growth, pumpkin is also a rich source of vitamin C. The combination of these two essential vitamins make pumpkin a great choice for supporting a healthy immune system through the changing seasons.
Believe it or not, research shows that CBD can also support the immune system. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD can act as both an immunosuppressant and immunomodulator, helping to reduce your immune system’s inflammatory response.
In this recipe from recipe developer @Lealoveslettuce, pumpkin is paired with fiber-rich oats, pecans and dates - and of course, some PureNative Water Soluble CBD for good measure.
Keep these tasty energy bites in your fridge or freezer and enjoy one the next time you need a healthy, immune-boosting snack.
Pumpkin Pecan CBD Energy Bites
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 full droppers PureNative Water Soluble CBD
- 1-2 Tbs maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- mini chocolate chips or crushed pecans for rolling (optional)
- Place oats and pecans in a food processor and pulse until coarsely-ground
- Add dates, pumpkin, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, sea salt, and PureNative water soluble CBD and pulse until a sticky dough forms. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 10 balls
- Decorate with mini chocolate chips or chopped pecans
- Enjoy fresh, or store in an airtight container in the fridge (up to one week) or freezer (up to one month)
Yield: 10 balls, 6mg CBD per piece